Early Saturday morning we had an interesting and funny experience happen in our house. Jon and I were still in bed not wanting to get up when we heard the doorbell ring. Of course our kids answer it because they love to. Then Kiaya comes in our room and says "um, mom...there's a police man at the door!" So of course my mind starts racing a hundred miles an hour. Jon jumps out of bed to go talk with him and Kiaya comes back into my room crying hysterically! She kept saying, "I think I'm in trouble! I'm in BIG trouble!" totally sobbing. I'm thinking what on earth is going on?
The police man leaves and Jon comes back into the room holding the phone in his hand and on the screen was dialed 911 from our house!! Yes, Kiaya had called 911 and then left it off the hook so they were still on the phone while they sent an officer to the house to make sure everything was okay. The funny thing was, we found out later, that she had called them to come pick up Whitney because they had been fighting.
We had a good talk with her about when and when not to call 911 and the importance of it. Then Jon and I had a good laugh. Like I told Jon, I'm pretty sure she won't EVER prank call 911 again!
It's nice when you don't have to teach your children a lesson and they learn it all on their own. :)



6 comments:
Oh my gosh!! That is hilarious! She keeps you on your toes. How funny.
Brittany! That's sooooooOOO funny! This is going to be Avery! Man, I'm in trouble!
That is so funny! I did the exact same thing when I was her age and was freaked out!!
That's Awesome!!! Got to love kids!
Oh, the thought process behind that plan is just too much! "Hi, I'd like you to come take my sister away. We are fighting."...Awesome!...Does that work on other people too, not just sisters???? Thanks for the laugh!
If it makes you feel any better, my daughter did the same thing. Except she was trying to dial a number that had 911 in it. I was so upset!!
Post a Comment